Is your child turning the age of 5 before September 1st? Want to know a little more about how to prepare them for Kindergarten?
Information about Kindergarten Registration:
Children must be 5 years old by September 1st to be eligible for kindergarten.
What will I need to bring:
1) A Copy of the Child’s Certified Birth Certificate (not a hospital-issued certificate)
2) Proof of Residency
One of these:
- Real estate tax bill and proof of payment
- Signed lease and proof of last month's payment
- Affidavit from local resident attesting registrant is living with the owner at no cost
- Mortgage papers
- An agreement of sale
OR Three of these:
- Most recent gas, electric, or water bill
- Home/apartment insurance papers
- Vehicle registration
- Current public aid card
- Most recent cable or credit card bill
- Driver's license
- Voter registration card
Note: Kindergarten students are also required to have physical, dental and vision exams before school begins. However, that documentation is NOT required to register.
For more information or if you have questions, call the Enrollment and Transportation Center at (815) 232-0580.