Ms. Alice Stech as served as the principal of Empire Elementary School since July 2016. Prior to joining Freeport School District, Ms. Stech served as a Director of Curriculum and Instruction for Huntley Community School District 158. She previously served as principal at Mackeben Elementary School and Marion Conley Elementary School, both in Huntley Community School District 158. She has also had experience as an assistant principal, 3rd grade teacher, and college instructor.
Ms. Stech holds a Master of Arts degree in Educational Leadership from Aurora University. She also holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in Elementary Education from Northern Illinois University. She is a member of the Illinois Principals Association, the Illinois Association for Gifted Children, and the Association for Curriculum & Development.
Ms. Stech enjoys traveling, reading, exercising, and spending time with family and friends. She has three grown children: two daughters and one son. One of her daughters is married with a son, and the other daughter is engaged to be married in Fall 2016.
Collaborates with school stakeholders to ensure high performance of students and staff in achieving the overall school mission.
- Collaborates with (SIT) School Improvement Team to create, implement and monitor the school improvement plan
- Provides opportunities for staff to learn about research-based strategies that address the identified problem(s)
- Promotes collaborative problem solving and open communication Implement PBIS Program to establish and maintain positive school wide expectations
- Identifies with staff the knowledge and skills that teachers need to implement the school improvement instructional strategies
- Evaluates staff and provides effective feedback for instructional improvement
- Engages staff, students, family and community in forming effective partnerships